Saturday, May 5, 2012

And you give Yourself away...

Just because I laugh alot, doesn't means my life is easy.
Just because I've a smile on my face doesn't mean that something is not bothering me.
I just choose to move on,and not dwell on all the negatives in my life.
Every new chance/moment gives me the chance to renew anew...I chose to be that...."Unknown"

1 Year 1050+ Contact hours...Term-I is killing us...but Term-II looks more hectic.
Classes started with an Managerial Communication ...Understood the role of communication in actual industry.. I guess Managers can't communicate in vacuum.

1.Understanding of Logos,Pathos and Ethos.
2.Basic tools like Objective,structure and benefits of the M-strategy.
3.Presentation ,aspects of good writing and art of story telling.
4.As usual few HBS case studies..BCG matrix etc.

Then comes the FA.
>Financial Accounting --I'm really not understanding its tail from its head from
its front legs....Balance sheets, Income statement, Cash flow statements, Journal, ledgers and trial balances.

Then Prof. Manju's unique way of conducting the sessions and surprise quizzes...making it more difficult :) and as usual course project and class participation.

>Global Scenario--
Principle of global and regional trade Liberalizations, GATT ,GATS,RTA and TCF. by Prof Biju..I must say he has a very unique way of explaining this subject but VLMPians are smart enough to sleep with their eyes wide open in the sessions :-)
Which is same in Regulatory National & International (RNI)...
One term of Organisational structure and design is finished with lots of class participation and case studies,although the project report is still under concept planing stage.
 
>Decision Making tools--
Phir wohi kahani...Linear programming, regression analysis...with SS & SS again :) with lots of jokes(Real time Jokes) and practical applications.
 
>Managerial Economics--
Somehow scored a A grade in engineering economics but now it seems difficult in MBA.. http://gregmankiw.blogspot.in/
 
>Marketing--
The coolest sessions we have had.
 
I can proudly say till now having a 100% attendance physically...but mentally only God can tell :-)
 
I guess I had enough of boring discussion on my experience on classes and sessions and again sessions and again sessions.....
 
People continously saying that technical background guys like us do not need any break  but we desperately need a break to re-charge ourselves.
 
After a fortnight we got a break..which is like tasting a German beer in a KOLKATA dhaba in front of JOKA.

No comments:

Post a Comment