Friday, February 3, 2012

Fire On Ice - Hi all

It feels very awkward to start penning down a blog, the very truth is I've never had the guts to do it...It definitely gives a weird feeling. But a nice one. Keeping my fingers crossed. Let’s see how it turns out to be :-)

Brief History Of Time:
I'm an Indian Citizen and I still consider values instilled by my parents are my biggest achievements till date. And it has great impact on my individuality,I was born in Jammu and brought up in various states of Seventh largest country 'India"

-Karma to Kar-Maker: Designing ADDICTION For Human Race.
Friends, teachers, seniors, strangers all gave me different names according to their comfort....Even today when I go back and open any old frnd's slam book I could see only one thing,my interest towards CARS, machines...I guess it was genetic...but all I wanted to be a Kar-Maker(Car Designer) but fortunately or unfortunately started as designer for its AIR CONDITIONER :-) and my journey of designing Addiction for Human race started.
But my folks still call me Kar-Maker!!

-I'm happily single and hope to find one soon.

-My academic and Professional background : An undergrad in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Nagpur(formerly Regional Engineering College Nagpur), worked for Subros Denso Suzuki Design Centre for almost 1.5 years then joined as a Research Engineer with LG Electronics Inc. Head Quarters South Korea for about 3 years and later for Indian Subsidiary for almost 4 years as R&D Manager.You can find more about me at http://in.linkedin.com/pub/sushant-karmakar/6/25b/5a8

-Aur kya (What else) I like Lawn tennis,T-Tennis,Trekking,music,long distance journeys,scotch,wine...I like almost every decent and good things available to mankind.

-Why I'm so bothered to write this blog at this point in my life...Sometime back I started looking for MBA programs which was tailored towards Engineers with a focus on Technology, Operations and Manufacturing.I could hardly found few handful of them, but this one stood out IIM Calcutta's VLM program.

- One last thing for the day: as part of my introduction - Questions inside my mind back then were like toll on my family, ROI, no earning after 9 years of hard work, Cosy lifestyle and concluding my mind with VLM which I found more relevant program and was the best fit for someone like me.

-My hope is that this write up will certainly help others who are where I was not too long ago.

I guess it is enough for the introduction part.

No comments:

Post a Comment